Thursday, February 12, 2009

In Utah Preparing for the MTC

Well, here we are in Utah. We got in last night about 6. We checked in at the hotel, changed into our dress and suit, then met Joe, Steph, Annie, Judy, Aaron, and Teana for dinner at the Bombay House. It was fun! I have to admit when they started talking about EFR, I was contemplating how to address getting a 3 day pass from Pres. Jackson in July. In case, it doesn't work, remember the keyword is PICTURES LOTS OF PICTURES! The place looks great, and will be enjoyed by all, I'm sure.
Our first day in Utah began with a 1 1/2 mile walk in the cold (of coarse; we didn't pack to much for this kind of weather). While we were walking, we were watching so as not to slip on ice and spend our MTC week in the hospital, and commenting about the great blessing of serving in San Jose with no ice. We then enjoyed a nutritious breakfast, minus the Diet Coke. Yes, the mission will be full of little adjustments, but we can do it. I also started my journal(4 pages). Not a great writer, but it felt good.
The rest of the day was spent dragging Jerry around trying to find clothes that make me look like a missionary. He was a great support, and we were somewhat successful. He was particularly thrilled when I bought a coat (which means no more blue sweater coat with the swans on the inside). We hit the Distribution Center, Deseret Book for a few more CD's, Franklin Covey where he bought me a cool backpack to carry my books (not quite as big as Aunt Cheryl's book bag), and we dropped off his first tie fatality (Indian food) to the dry cleaners.
We then came back to the hotel , and I took off my hose and shoes, Jer took off his shoes and loosened his tie, and got comfortable. I sure hope the Lord blesses us with a little more stamina, because I'm beat and we haven't even started yet.
I think we'll break for dinner, and then study. Hopefully tommorrows errands won't take long, and we can maybe go visit a few people.
Anyway, that's it for my first blog entry. We are grateful to be here, and look forward to our MTC experience together. We love each of you very much, and are grateful for your support.

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you got there safely. Good post! It sounds like you are off to a good start. Take care, I miss ya already. We had a really bad thunderstorm the night you left. One of those where head for the closet. I had the thought when it was all over, Tani didn't call and check on me to make sure we were safe at home. 1 more thing to get used to. - love ya Suz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you already! During the storm the other night I brought the fortune cookie and your testimony with me in the closet, just to let you know!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom thanks for writing in your journal!!! please make sure Dad does!! we love you guys. The house is already a mess but it will be clean by the time you get home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm laughing at b.rad's comment. reading about your day is making me exhausted too. yay! for no diet coke for breakfast. love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the house is NOT a mess!!! Thanks for keeping us posted on here. I love reading about what's going on with you guys. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, no sweater coat with the swans? Those swans are really going to be missing you! Mom, you didn't mention your feet. Please tell me they aren't hurting!
    I love the efforts you are already making.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you heard it from Jamie, but I was really sad I couldn't come! I hope you guys know I love you and we'll miss you at the reunion!

    ReplyDelete